Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Thought We Had Something Special

It is truly amazing how much the New York Football Jets affect my life. I’ve been completely bummed out for two weeks now. On top of that, my fantasy team, my one saving grace, posted huge numbers and still lost (Aaron Rogers I hate you). I can’t even listen to sports talk radio, watch ESPN, or pay any attention to what’s going with Jets or any sport. I’m depressed. It’s really sad I care this much. I feel like my girl friend cheated on me or something. Only my girlfriend is the Jets and cheating equals losing. It doesn’t make sense I know. 

I bought into this whole thing. I drank the Rex Ryan Kool-Aid. I believed this team was better than it actually is. Now I’m starting to feel stupid (Starting to?). I mentioned in the first post. I was at the last two AFC Championship games and I watched them lose in person. I was at the infamous Doug Brien game in Pittsburgh where we were two chip-shot field goals away from going to the AFC Championship game. Yet I keep coming back for more. 

The Ravens game Sunday night was horrible. I’ve come to the conclusion that our offensive line isn’t really that good. We stupidly got rid of Alan Faneca a few season ago, Damien Woody retired in the off season, and we haven’t done a thing about except pick up an undrafted rookie free agent. Ferguson is one of the best and so is Mangold but Mangold’s hurt and Ferguson can’t do it on his own. If we have any chance of beating New England on Sunday we need #74 at center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment